Vegetable Glycerin can be made into a wonderfully potent tincture however some work is required for maximum strength.
2-5 cups food grade vegetable glycerin
1/2 -1 ounce decarboxylated herbs
1 tablespoon soy or sunflower lecithin
*make sure to remove the plastic cup inside the herbal infuser prior to using the machine
1. Decarboxylate herbs in preheated oven at 250 degree Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
2. Remove herbs from oven.
3. Place herbs into Herbal Infuser.
5. Pour vegetable glycerin into infuser making certain to use enough to fill minimum line (at least 2 cups liquid)
6. Secure lid onto Herbal Infuser.
7. Plug power cord into infuser then into outlet.
8. Press Mighty Fast 1 (45 minute) cycle.
9. When cycle is completed, unplug infuser. Carefully remove lid and strain contents through included strainer. Use organic hemp filter if further filtration is desired.
10. Store Mighty Fast Infused Vegetable Glycerin Tincture in glass tincture bottles or glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Should keep at least 6 months in a cool dark place.
A very simplistic view of a complicated chemical process:
***vg has an absorption capacity approximately 33% less than alcohol and it is “saturated” after about 45 minutes of infusing. This means that if the infusion runs for 45 minutes or 4 hours, only a certain amount of herb will be infused at a time regardless of infusing longer than 45 minutes. In order to maximize the potency of a VG tincture, infusing VG a few times using fresh material each time will enhance the potency of the final infusion.
**Skunk Pharm Research has great information about the makeup of vegetable glycerin so look it up online for further details.