Butter - One Cup
Can ONE cup of butter and ONE cup of water be used?
The short answer is YES you can make just ONE cup of Herbal Infused Butter using the Mighty Fast Herbal Infuser but for best results we recommend using the recommended 2 cups (to the minimum line inside the infuser) of butter method.
**If lecithin is added to the one cup of butter method it will turn into a whipped butter that cannot separate from the water. This is good if you want a mellow whipped butter infusion however if you want a more concentrated one cup infusion, omit lecithin. Use about 1/2 tablespoon of lecithin if whipped butter is desired.
One cup of Mighty Fast Infused Butter
1 cup of melted butter
1 cup of water
1/2-1 ounce of your favorite herbs (amount depends on personal preference)
1. Decarboxylation of herbs in a preheated oven at 250 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Place herbs into infuser.
3. Pour melted butter and water into Herbal Infuser so that the 2 cup minimum line is reached.
4. Replace top of infuser and plug machine in.
5. Select Mighty Fast 1 (45 minute) cycle or Mighty Fast 2 (90 minute).
6. When cycle is complete, unplug machine and carefully remove lid.
7. Strain contents.
8. Allow butter and water to harden in refrigerator. The butter and water will separate upon hardening. Water will be colored, not clear, however butter will separate enough for straining. Then carefully strain the water and you are left with 1 cup of Mighty Fast infused butter.
*make sure to remove the plastic cup inside the herbal infuser prior to using the machine
One of the most common questions we are asked is if it’s possible to make just one cup of infused butter rather than the 2 cup minimum in the Mighty Fast Herbal Infuser?
Although we do recommend using the 2 cup minimum for the most potent concentrated infusions, using one cup of butter can work!
The one cup method can result in 2 different infusions depending on whether or not lecithin is added.
Adding about 1/2 tablespoon of lecithin (soy or sunflower) with the butter and water will result in a whipped butter which can be used as a spread or in cooking. The water will not separate from the butter if lecithin is added hence the whipped butter texture.
Omitting the lecithin and just using one cup of melted butter and one cup of water will result in an infusion that, upon refrigeration, will separate and the water can be thrown out, leaving a concentrated one cup of butter infusion.
Although the separated water will be discolored, all of the herb will be infused into the butter. It will not infuse into the water so don’t worry about throwing it out. You could always use the water for some type of smoothie or coffee but since herb is fat soluble and not water soluble, miniscule amounts, if any, will be transferred to the water.
Thank you to our very own Mighty M for being a Mighty Fast pioneer and discovering new ways to use the Mighty Fast Herbal Infuser